AMAG challenge, James Bond motive, Volkswagen Golf, an opportunity to move a real car!
What it does
Allows you to completely control your car from your mobile phone. It uses the gyroscope to control steering, and touch input to drive, providing you a live full-screen view from the car.
How we built it
We took the barebone client provided by AMAG and built a Unity app around it.
Challenges we ran into
- multiple difficulites with calibrating gyroscope
- high network latency and connection issues
- limited access to a real car for testing purposes (tested mostly on simulator)
- limited familiarity with Unity
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- smooth and comfortable gyroscope steering
- Das Pilot One-Finger Drive Experience™
What we learned
- handling Unity and C#
- operating the gyroscope
- lots of practical knowledge
What's next for Das Pilot
Being tested on a real Volkswagen!