What it does: Multiplayer platform where the user creates abstract creatures and controls their evolution through a genetic algorithm. The evolved creatures compete against those of other players worldwide in olympic style events.
How we built it: Design of legged creatures and controller prototyping in Unity. Simple web design using html and css, upload to Azure.
Challenges we ran into: feature propagation, implementing webgl on the website, lack of experience with some of the tools, getting used to unfamiliar software
Accomplishments that we're proud of: implementation of the WebGL game on our website, learning to use applications we never worked with on a single weekend
What we learned: It's important to keep focus when working on a project over a small period of time
What's next for Darwin Olympics: Improving the algorithm and the user experience