'Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' --Friedrich Nietzsche
One of my friend i know who was very popular in school and university, he was intelligent, smart and funny. However when it came to parties he was very boring because he could not dance. And we think that everyone has a right to dance. That is why we wanted to create a tool that tracks your body motion and gives you positive feedback so that you can learn to dance the way you want to in your private space.
What it does
We use sensors ,such as accelerometer, gyroscope and camera to track your body movements. These detected motions / body movements are analyzed using machine learning and referenced against the best dancers in the world to give you active feedback. This provides an oppertunity for the user to analyze how he can improve as a dancer.
How we built it
We used sensors and camera to collect the data. Then the data is analyzed using OpenCv to catogarize the dance moves into Novice, Advanced and Master. The website provide a live demo on how it works, analytics of user's performance, the business model and the pricing model.
Challenges we ran into
- Lack of hardware provided
- Availability of True Positive Data
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Collecting Data from Sensors, analyzing it and using visualization it is displayed.
- Working model that detects the movements
- Comprehensive and minimalistic Website of our product.
What we learned
What's next for Dance Monkey
- Store the data of true positive
- Extension in medical field for physiotherapy