Web app that curates a Spotify playlist based on top news headlines' sentiment. Written in Python 3. To run this, you need a Spotify account.
Requires pip3 packages:
To run the server:
- cd into the DailyTunes root directory.
- Run the command 'python3 dailytunes_main.py'.
- You will be prompted in your browser for a Spotify username and password. Enter them.
- At the terminal, there should be a prompt for entering the URL you were redirected to. Enter it.
- Analysis will begin. This takes about ten minutes on the slowest computers.
- The program will state 'Total analysis complete' and start up the server.
- Go to http://localhost:9999 to view the fruits of your labor. Your server is now running.
You do not need to repeat steps 3-4 after you do it once. The program will remember your Spotify credentials and immediately begin analysis.