Major Hacking League & Developer Student Community
Extremely simple installation in a fresh and naked typical Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server:
Download the installer script
Make it executable
chmod +x bootstrap.sh
Run it! Give it some minutes to perform all the tasks. And yes, you can thank me later :)
- Make sure you have Apache, PHP, MySQL installed. Tutorial.
- Clone the repo to a folder on your server
- Activate mod_rewrite, route all traffic to application's /public folder. Tutorial.
- Edit application/config: Set your database credentials
- Execute SQL statements from application/_installation to setup database tables
- Install Composer,
Composer installon application's root folder to install dependencies
- Make avatar folder (application/public/avatars) writable
- For proper email usage: Set SMTP credentials in config file, set EMAIL_USE_SMTP to true