Danny purchased a HackRF and wanted to play with it. So Danny decided that an AI powered pirate radio was a good idea. This may have been a mistake, depending on who you ask :)
What it does
It hosts a pirate radio station on 102.7 FM, (tune in whilst Ofcom hasnt shut us down). Every 10 minutes it will give you a news update based on recent events, and you can text in to get a radio show or a response for your text.
How it works
- Database using SQL to store mp3 files in it.
- Microservices like BeautifulSoup for web scraping and OpenAI to create content that is uploaded to the database.
- Spotify for our pirated music :cool:
- The radio frontend then plays it.
Challenges we ran into
- Not scraping BBC video sites.
- AI using words it shouldnt!!!
- Twilio not working.
- High tech solutions not working. going old school was the answer.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Being able to text it prompts.
- The OpenAI generating full on conversations with celebrity personalities and our group members.
- It working a bit too well...
What we learned
- AI is funny.
- Radios are funny.
- OpenAI is very epic.
- We are very good at burning through our ElevenLabs credits.
What's next for CrackedFM
- Not much for Ofcom related reasons.