Some times at university we need to code on the same file at the same time. Some of us have even used Google Drive to do this. The problem is that to execute and get outputs you need to copy it on your computer and compile it there.
At the same time, we wanted to give an alternative for remote developers that want to do pair programming, or companies that want to do coding interviews for remote developers.
What it does
LiveCpp tries to solve the mentioned problem setting a C++ environment with real-time interaction between multiple users. It also has C++ code execution, so that you don't have to worry about compiling it on your computer.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
We decided to do this very last moment as our first project failed. Running
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Pulling this project last minute, even that we didn't have enough time.
What we learned
- We learned that sometimes you don't need to do a huge project in a hacakthon to have fun and enjoy.
- Firebase it's perfect for real-time interaction, specially using FirePad plugin.
What's next for cpplive
- Adding Docker container on demmand creation.
- Adding project structure so that you can interact with different files
- Add more languages to compile.