Every day, family members and friends of COVID patients are tapping into all their contacts earnestly hoping to find a recovered person who is willing to donate plasma. Convalescent plasma therapy is one of the options explored to save some patients.
What it does
This website connects COVID-19 infected people from those who recovered from COVID-19 containing antibodies that neutralize coronavirus.
- User can login
- User can register himself as an Plasma Donor
- User can request plasma donation from Plasma Donors
- Plasma Donar can Accept/Reject plasma donation request
How we built it
- Raact + TS
Challenges we ran into
We were new to DAML programming and React Programming too. Writing Backend in DAML was a lot different than general coding we had done before.
The handling of errors was very difficult in frontend.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- The whole backend was written in only 47 lines of code
- Frontend code for login and becoming donor was written. Also listing all the donors
What we learned
- We learnt amazing new libraries DAML and React. Also typescript
- How easy it is to make applications using DAML and how less time is spent on coding
- How easy it is to deploy DAML application on DABL
What's next for Covid-Plasma Donation Social Media
- Complete the whole flow
- Show donors based on Location
- Deploy the website and advertise to help covid patients and save countries from 2nd wave