- Obtain data from widely-used third-party APIs and update the virus data automatically from server API every hour
- Add a safety advice module to tell people what to do during this pandemic infection.
- Write a footer and about us page to let people who browse this website have a better understanding about our project.
- Build a news page using Microsoft Bing News API to let the website show the top news about coronavirus in the US
- Write an Email subscriber to let people who want to keep updated with our website can subscribe to our newsletter, using nodemailer.
- Host this project on Heroku
Tools in use:
- Frontend framework: Angular and Bootstrap4
- Backend framework: Node.js
- Frontend icon: Google Map API and Chart.js
- Host Platform: Heroku
To get the Node server running locally:
- Clone this repo
- to install all required dependencies
$ npm install
go to backend and run
$ node index.js
To get the frontend running locally:
go to /frontend, then run
- Clone the repository.
- Run npm install in folder.
- Make sure you have npm and angular-cli installed.
- After installation is done, run ng serve and open website at https://localhost:4200
Haoyu Guo email@example.com
Tianyi Xu firstname.lastname@example.org
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.