Our inspiration behind Coufon is to come up with a simple solution on how to create a digital twin on coupons made by the manufacturers and retailers to a branded marketing coupons that consumers readily understand. The concept of digital twins is the reasoning behind the development of Coufon. A digital twin is like a mirror representation of an online marketing campaign, translated into the real-life world.
What it does
- We are innovating coupon marketing using branded links in social media, blog articles, offline sales campaigns, and promotions. We want to incorporate the new idea of short, brand-identifiable coupon links that people will understand and memorize (i.e. mystore.available.today)
- To convert serialized coupons that are stored in Hedera HTS to become human-readable.
How We Built It
- We break down our infrastructure from a monolithic model to microservices model. Each team member was given a task with individual responsibility. We have someone responsible for overall system architecture, a back-end developer, a user-interface designer, and a creative designer.
The tools we utilized from Hedera
Hedera Token Service
- Crypto Balance
- Token Balance
- Crypto Transfer
- Get File Contents
- Account Creation
- Account Info
- Update Account
- Delete Aaccount
- Create Token
- Token Info
- Update Token
- Delete Token
- Associate Token
- Disassociate Token
- Mint Token
- Burn Token
Hedera Consensus Service
- Consensus Message
- Create File
- File Info
Tools we used in creating in developing Coufon.com are the following:
- External API
Accomplishments that we are proud of
- We created middleware specific to Hedera services
- We have fully utilized the HCS topic’s built-in pub/sub capability
- We have fully used HTS tokenization
What We learned
- We learned the real power of using HTS and HCS. By itself, it has enabled us to make business rules without using legacy servers, thus achieving total decentralization
- We have learned it is easy to understand the technical side of Hedera HTS/HCS. It is very fast!
What is next?
- To create a platform that will enable people to share links that are easy to remember, while at the same time also represent the brand identity of its source.
- Create consumer experiences through our mobile Coufon wallet enabling the public to use their coupons or rewards from their favorite stores using our Coufon Wallet.
- To provide seamless integration with our service.