Update on Sep 20th
Deployed relevant contract to EVMOS Mainnet https://github.com/HackerSamuraiDAO/2022-EVMOS-Momentum-Hackathon/blob/main/packages/contracts/networks.json
I am inspired by the Cosmos IBC bridge security model and trustless architecture. And Also EVMOS can be a bridge between EVM and Cosmos Ecosystem, so NFT bridge to EVMOS has a large benefit in the entire web3 space.
This bridge is general and it could be a great infrastructure for the entire EVMOS ecosystem, and also good for NFT development.
Technical Detail is kept in Readme
What it does
We are building IBC based NFT cross-chain bridge on NFTHashi.
NFTHashi is a cross-chain NFT bridge powered by Connext, and we are trying to implement a more secure bridge.
How we built it
- Forked existing NFTHashi frontend.
- Did basic research and PoC for the IBC bridge
- Try to implement IBC Bridge
Challenges we ran into
- It was very difficult to relay the message from Rinkeby to EVMOS using IBC, actually, we only have done the PoC before the submission,
- Some tools and relayer have but, and it was not working properly.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- This time I spend more time on research than development and tried to know Cosmos/IBC itself. This is my first time using Cosmos-related technology but I went through documents and youtube videos, and now I have a firm understanding of EVMOS, Cosmos, and IBC.
What we learned
- Learning how Cosmos works, Learning how EVMOS works, Learning how IBC-related tools work.
What's next for Cosmos IBC NFT Cross-chain Bridge with NFTHashi
- We are trying to keep the development of the IBC bridge between EVM to EVMOS.
- We want to integrate Polkadot and Avalanche too.
- Rinkeby is depreciated within the original submit deadline and new submit deadline
- I deployed the contract to Mainnet and register the connection to the bridge, but that is not integrated to frontend.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.