Main page, showing a maps and charts of confirmed cases.
Data page, showing charts of changes in confirmed cases on a per-country basis
Page where people can learn about ways to help protect themselves and others from the spread
Page where people can make custom charts based on their country, state, or county
On the charts, you can make predictions, either an LSTM time series model or logistic regression
The Novel Coronavirus is one of the most contagious pathogens of our time. It's crucial that we understand the current spread of the virus, so that we can adequately prepare ourselves by sending medical equipment to regions with high numbers of confirmed cases. To help battle COVID-19, we wanted to make a website where it would be easy to access county and state-level data for the Coronavirus.
What it does
There are many features on the website that visualize data, including:
- Maps of active cases, confirmed cases, and deaths
- These maps give the option to view snapshots of the spread on different days
- Ability to make a custom line graph based on your country, state, and county
- Option to show daily change or use a logarithmic scale
- Timelines of the Coronavirus spread based on the first day of arrival within each country
- See how many confirmed cases, active cases, recoveries, and deaths there are been
- Data tables based on country and US state that show the daily increase in confirmed cases
- For any location, predicts the future number of cases using LSTM
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We're happy that the map works, and that we were able to develop this website to a level where someone could really use it to see the spread of the virus over time.
What we learned
What's next for Corona Vision
In the app, we also plan to add notifications every time new data is added, so you can stay updated in recent coronavirus cases in your county/state/country.