Student times are valuable. The Student Resource Center (SRC) at University of Nebraska - Lincoln (UNL) is often packed with students. Teaching assistants often have a hard time knowing who is first in line to help. Many existing systems do not fit the school system. HeyMyTa app is a practical solution to many existing problems at the SRC at UNL.
What it does
A queueing management system that allows TAs to keep track of students who present during office hours. This feature alone can replace existing solutions of using a whiteboard as a queuing system. Our application revolves on these 5 deliverable features:
- Queueing Management system
- Chats + Announcements for office hours
- Real-time update
- Integration with Canvas Infrastructure
Existing Queueing System at UNL's SRC
Evaluation reports can be generated to help Professor evaluate TA.
How I built it
We utilized Vuejs + Bootstrap + EJS engine to build the front end. Utilized Nodejs + Express + LevelDB (NoSQL) to build the back end.
Challenges I ran into
- Lots of features were thrown away because of time limitations.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Each of us was able to take parts that we were not good at. I mainly work on the backend on previously. Our friend who is good at UI couldn't attend Corn Hack due to an Injury. Some of us pushed through the roadblock and were able to build a deliverable front end design.
What I learned
- Lots of new CSS and Vuejs technique. :))
What's next for corn20
- Build a time waiting time estimating feature.
- Build a Phone app and make it more accessible.