#How does it work?
- when customer pick last bottle from cooler of any product(drink type),
- sensors will send signal to particle cloud,
- application will then record it in mongo db cloud
- application will also calculate current status of product facing in a cooler.
- If all the column, consisting of that given product is gone, dashboard will remove product from screen.
# What does it measure?
my project is based on last bottle displacement. It measure the light intensity. If there is any obstacle between light and resister, reading will different.
Does the retailer/bottler/distributor have to do anything different to make your solution work? (if yes, please explain)
solution is only between cooler and sale/marketing team who will monitor facing information.
What materials does your solution require?
- I build it using following technology : particle photon, photoresister, particle cloud, JSON, JQuery, mongodb cloud and HTML5.
- Easiest part is hardware and
- Complex/coolest part is software solution to determine and display facing information to Stockholder. PFA the presentation for more information.
Best guess on cost to implement
$19 - Retail cost of photon $2 - 50 pcs of Photoresistors.
One time cost of software solution:
- Particle cloud, JSON, JQuery, mongodb cloud and HTML5.
Challenges you/your team ran into
- only challenge is to caliber light intensity
What you/your team learned
This project itself is great learning in the field of Internet of Thing ( IoT )
- As per the most of the planograms, premium products are in, let's say, in top two shelves. in first phase of implementation, we can work on high revenue generation products. As ROI take the pace, we can expand it to other value products as well.
Anything else you want to add
- Solution can work on cellular network as well
- This project is solving the existing problem which each retailer is facing i.e. realtime data to know facing information on each shelves/rack in the departmental store.
- There is a huge possibility that we can customize this solution to meet the company's demand to know the real time data.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- integration of hardware and software
- integration of Particle cloud, dashboard script and mongoDB cloud.
- poll particle cloud to check if any product(here, soft drink) is out-of-stock and
- update the mongo db cloud and display facing information on the dashboard