How many times have you looked in your refrigerator and pantry, seen ingredients, but have no idea what to cook?
What it does
This application will take your list of ingredients and return potential recipes based on those ingredients.
How we built it
We built a web page using React that has a form for gathering ingredients and a place to display the recipes when they come back. We used Spoonacular's api to access their database of recipes and apitracker to track the use of our api.
Challenges we ran into
- One bit challenge was around a team member's laptop deciding not work effectively part way though Wednesday. They worked round it by using Code Pen and making commits through the GitHub web interface.
- Another challenge the team faced was in unclear division of tasks. So two people ended up working on the same feature and another critical issued did not get worked on at all.
- Deploying to GitHub pages - the url used for the homepage is very important.
Accomplishments that we are proud of
- Deploying to GitHub pages with React.
What we learned
- How to deploy React to GitHub pages.
- How to work with an Organization on GitHub (forking and Pull Requests).
What's next for Cook from my Pantry
Salad/Sandwich/Smoothie roulette - creating light meals with 5 ingredients or less!