The goal of this project is to bring the power of Voice Search and Conversational AI to the Travel Industry. There are a number of problems that we aim to solve:
- Lack of voice and conversational capabilities in Travel products- it is estimated that 50 percent of all searches will be voice searches by 2020 according to ComScore
- Conservative design and lack of personalization
- Need for multiple channels and consistent user experience
- Poor accessibility for people with disabilities
What it does
- Conversational AI system for flight and hotel bookings
- End-users can use chat and voice to find and book trips
- Automated service that saves costs and time
- Combining the power of Conversational AI with traditional Travel systems
- Available on multiple channels e.g. web, mobile app, social networks, etc.
- Accessible for people with disabilities
- Conversational AI communication via voice and chat
- Search and book flights via connection with the Amadeus APIs
- Search and book hotels via connection with the Amadeus APIs
- Conversational AI mobile app
- Answer FAQs about travel
How we built it
We have built the solution using Natural Language Processing and integration with the Amadeus APIs.
The project is split into two main parts:
- client - contains all front-end code, implementing the user interface
- server - contains all back-end code, implementing responses, flows, controllers, API integrations, etc. The front-end of the project is implemented with Vue.js. The back-end is implemented with Node.js.
This projects has several back-end API integrations.
- Airport and City Search - used for autocompletion at different places around the project
- Flight Low-fare Search - used for providing flight offers
- Hotel Search - used for providing hotel offers
- Microsoft Cognitive Services
What's next for Conversational Travel Assistant
We would like to establish a partnership with Amadeus as there is a great fit between our product and their services.