The goal of this project is to bring the power of Azure Cognitive Services and Voice Search to the Travel Industry. There are a number of problems that our project aims to solve:
- Lack of voice and conversational capabilities in Travel products- it is estimated that 50 percent of all searches will be voice searches by 2020 according to ComScore
- Conservative design and lack of personalization
- Need for multiple channels and consistent user experience
- Poor accessibility for people with disabilities
What it does
- Conversational AI system for flight and hotel bookings
- End-users can use chat and voice to find and book trips
- Automated service that saves costs and time
- Combining the power of Conversational AI with traditional Travel systems
- Available on multiple channels e.g. web, mobile app, social networks, etc.
- Accessible for people with disabilities
- Conversational AI communication via voice and chat
- Search and book flights via connection with the Amadeus APIs
- Search and book hotels via connection with the Amadeus APIs
- Conversational AI mobile app
- Answer FAQs about travel
How we built it
The project is heavily based on several Azure Cognitive Services.
- Speech Services - this service is used to generate the voice/speech output of the assistant
- LUIS.ai - this service is used for parsing natural language queries/messages; we recognize the intents and entities of each message
- QnA Maker - this service is used for answering frequently asked questions; this service uses Azure Search internally
The source code of the project is split into two main parts:
client - contains all front-end code, implementing the user interface server - contains all back-end code, implementing responses, flows, controllers, API integrations, etc.
The front-end of the project is implemented with Vue.js. The back-end is implemented with Node.js.
Our Github repo is private and we have invited devposttesting (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a collaborator who can access and test our code.