Paste Friend's Profile URL
Results for Facebook Friend
Results for Twitter Friend
We wanted to figure out how we could use people's social media accounts to reveal more about their personalities and use this data to see who they are compatible with. We wanted to make this tool for people to meet each other and use a fresh approach to finding new friends who they are compatible with.
What it does
You login with your Facebook account and the application will analyze your profile data such as your posts. Then, it will deduce your personality based on 5 traits (openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, emotional range, and agreeableness).
You can then enter the link of your friend's Twitter or Facebook account and this app will figure out their personality type and compare it to yours, telling you how compatible you are with them.
How we built it
We wanted to focus on building this application with cloud-based technology, so we decided to go with Google Cloud Platform.
Other tech we used:
- Facebook's SDK for login and authentication.
- Facebook's Graph API to query user's posts.
- Beautifulsoup4 for tweet collection.
- IBM Watson's Personality Insights API.
- Flask for back-end.
- React for front-end and back-end.
Challenges we ran into
We had to devise clever ways to retrieve social media data ethically and effectively.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Creating a clean and minimal UI.
- Using GCP to host and scale our server.
What we learned
- A ton about Google's cloud services.
- What traits make up a person's personality.
- Putting everything together.
What's next for Compatibility Calculator
- Making this a chrome extension.
- Integrating with Instagram.