Who doesn't love travel? We wanted an easy way to plan our vacation destinations.
What it does
Compass allows you to simply type in your vacation destination, see events, and add to your custom itinerary.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- React Native is difficult to debug.
- Adding in Facebook user authentication was extremely difficult due to a plethora of errors and new installations.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Compass looks marketable
- Compass works on both iOS and Android
- With social media integration, we can also display your profile
What we learned
What's next for Compass
- Thumbs Up/Down rating system
- More locations!
- Fixing bugs
- Enhanced UI
- Increased social media integration -- share your itinerary with friends and family!
If you're planning on trying out Compass, make sure to download Node.js, run npm install expo-cli --global, and run expo start (for Windows) or npm start (for Mac)