We set off on our project with the goal of creating a simple, yet effective program at modeling a few of the features of business management and banking.
What it does:
With our program, we are able to create new banking accounts for individuals in the terminal, which can then be accessed with deposit/withdraw methods. Additionally, employee and supplier identities can be made. Employees are able to be paid some sum of money sorted by name, and suppliers can be accessed to buy materials.
How we built it:
We mainly used Java in an object-oriented program style, collaborating on a shared online GitHub repository to upload the different methods and classes.
Challenges we ran into:
We had trouble merging different files from the shared git repository, as well as the process transitioning from lists to ArrayLists in the middle of the project. Additionally, there were other complications with the miscommunication between adding more features and debugging existing methods.
Accomplishments that we're proud of:
We were proud that with our collaboration, even with the initial syntax mishaps in the code, we were able to end with a functional product.
What we learned:
We learned how to coordinate our workflow in uploading to a shared git repository, so that the merging errors were minimized and each section/method was able to be finished very efficiently.
What's next for Company and Bank Manager:
We aim to develop a more user-friendly GUI for Company and Bank Manager.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.