Communication for the deaf
What it does
This program translates sign language and back and forth. It also has a inbuilt chat app which can send sign language and English and convert them on receiving.
How we did it
To recognize the sign language signs we trained a neural network to recognize gestures. Using Google's APIs, we were able recognize speech and translate it.
Modules We used
- OpenCV for python - Image processing module. Install by
pip install opencv-python
- SpeechRecognition - Voice recognition using Google's APIs. Install by
pip install SpeechRecognition
- PyQt4 - Qt ported to python. Download the .whl here https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#pyqt4 and install by pip.
- SpeechRecognition - Uses google's APIs to detect speech
- PyAudio - provides Python bindings for PortAudio
- Tensorflow - Machine Learning module for python
- Numpy - Linear algebra for python
- Python 3.X.X - Most python3 versions should work. Install here https://www.python.org/downloads/
Convert it into a android app