What is the Commit Policy Plugin for JIRA?
This JIRA add-on verifies the changes committed to your Version Control System against a set of configurable rules (the so-called commit policy). When the policy is met, your commit is accepted. When it is not, the commit is rejected and you are asked to "fix" that, by writing a relevant commit message, by linking your commit to JIRA issues, by removing unwanted files from your commit, by not updating locked files or directories, and so on.
- Bidirectional traceability from source code changes to user stories, tasks, bugs or other issue types
- Enforces conventions and best practices
- Clearer commit history
- Well-organized repositories and source code
- Controlled processes
Available conditions (can be combined with AND/OR)
- Committer must have a valid JIRA account
- Commit message must contain issue keys from a JQL query
- Commit message must match a pattern
- Changed files must match a pattern
... and more!
Supported Version Control Systems (can be mixed!)
- Git with Bitbucket (formerly known as Stash)
... plus more coming!
- Support for Perforce
- Support for Team Foundation Server
- Support for Clearcase
- Tighter integration with Bitbucket, GitHub and GitLab
- Porting to JIRA Cloud
- More conditions
Requesting features? Tell us now what you want, We are all ears.
See the user documentation. Also see how it compares to the old JIRA Commit Policy Plugin.