The Covid-19 pandemic has shown the massive problems with providing reliable statistics on data such as total number of conducted tests, infections, severities and fatalities, healthcare capacities, protective gear etc. Weeks after the outbreak started, the number of unreported cases is still in the dark. Applied methodologies, rules and reporting mechanisms differ across countries but also on subnational levels. Health organisations and governments are basing their decisions on different data sources and often questionable data quality.
We are developing a basic concept for a generic solution for coherent citizen health status and healthcare capacities data monitoring to be applied across healthcare organisations, cities, provinces/federal states and countries
What it does
Generic application (mobile & web) connected to a multi-tenant platform with a central cloud-based database, providing the following functionality:
- Customizable templates for data submission forms to be used by both anonymous and non-anonymous users (citizens, doctors, labs, hospitals, organisations).
- Reviewing & approval process for submission forms
- Apps for data submissions
- APIs for standardized data submission from 3rd party apps
- Centralized (or distributed? This still seems to be a big political issue) cloud-based collection and aggregation of data submitted by individuals and organisations
- Geographical data mapping
- AI based data analysis
- APIs and data export facilities
- Community management functionality (to set up, manage and engage community members for specific studies)
- Communication and collaboration tools for and across organisations and between different levels of organisations
- Facility to communicate with non-anonymous citizens / patients
How I built it
This project follows the goal to bundle activities from different project teams working on specific concepts and applications which suit as components for the Collytix platform. Information on prototypes will be shared soon.
- Fevermap https://fevermap.net
- RKI Datenspende App https://apps.apple.com/de/app/corona-datenspende/id1504705422
Challenges I ran into
Looking for team members supporting the conception phase for Collytix (medical/clinical experts, representatives of healthcare organisations & authorities, web&graphics designer, video producer, project manager, requirements engineer, UX designer)