ClusterPoint's enthusiasm at the hackathon convinced me to try out their DB. I tried to upload 1.67 GB of college statistics on the last day, but it was taking too long. So I had to abandon this project. Instead I consolidated my effort to YFunnel.com integration of Target API, using ClusterPoint as a cache DB. (It's excellent!)
What it does
It was suppose to use ELK stack on top of ClusterPoint's DB to provide easy to analyze dashboard of college information.
How I built it
ElasticSearch, Logstaic, and Kibana stack installed on Ubuntu.
Challenges I ran into
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I did a stress test on the ClusterPoint server and I sort of broke it.
What I learned
Upload data slowly and early.
What's next for CollegeScorecardAnalyzer
Won't be done on time, but I might continue on for Kaggle challenge.