Have you ever hosted a party? If so, then you probably know how annoying it is trying to collect cash from all of your friends to help cover costs and how time consuming preparing for the party can be.
What it does
This is where CoDrinks comes in. CoDrinks allows everyone to pitch in online for the party and select drinks that want to purchase. Once everyone has selected what they want, an Uber driver will be dispatched to collect everything and bring it to the party: this saves the organizer the hassle of going to the store and makes splitting costs a lot easier for everyone.
How I built it
CoDrinks is built on a MEAN stack, leveraging Uber's and Braintree's APIs to develop its delivery and payment systems respectively.
Challenges I ran into
- Setting up both the Uber and Braintree APIs
- Using the MEAN stack
- Developing the shopping cart feature
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Deploying the website and implementing the shopping cart feature
- Getting started with the two APIs
What I learned
- How to get started with the MEAN stack
- How to use the two APIs
What's next for CoDrinks
- Expand drinks to broader delivery
- Improve website and design