- We wanted to identify what the biggest obstacles people face in choosing eco-friendly products. We decided that the biggest hurdle was awareness because most people aren't aware of the sustainable alternative to everyday products that they use. As a result, we thought it would be convenient if when a person is shopping online they could simultaneously be presented with alternative options right on the spot.
What it does
- We developed our project to work on two different platforms: Android and UiPath. Our project askes the user to enter the name of the item they want to search. The app/robot provides with the bestseller products that are most commonly and directly below shows you a list of alternative products that are much more eco-friendly. It also provides links to each products website for easy access.
How we built it
- We built the user interface with UiPath and Android Studio, and used Firebase Database to create a database that both platforms could connect to so they could both have access to the information despite running on different services and languages.
Challenges we ran into
- The biggest challenges we faced were not being able to access the information in the databases and not having the proper resources to assist us in completing our programs. Despite having the database built, we kept running into errors with python when trying to fetch the information, and a lack of knowledge from mentors and limited online resources in how to integrate firebase with UiPath.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We're proud of the idea that we came up, along with the things we learned, such as use of firebase and learning to use UiPath. However, what we are most proud of is that despite the numerous amount of errors and hurdles we encounter we stubbornly refused to give in.
What we learned
- We learned how to use firebase database, Uipath, and Visual Basic.
What's next for Code Green
- In the future, we would like to implement a bigger database and create a website as well. We would also like to incorporate a vision API that can instantly identify a product and provide sustainable alternatives with the use of a devices camera.