We wanted to create a quick and simple to use documentation feature for COBOL developers. Since VSCode is our code editor of choice, we wanted to make this extension for Microsoft VSCode. COBOL is not very well documented, and switching between browser tabs is inconvenient
What it does
Our project is a Microsoft Visual Studio Code extension that enables COBOL developers to instantly view cheatsheets and docs inside VSCode itself. It improves the workflow of these developers and makes it far more efficient.
How we built it
- TypeScript for VSCode extension
- NPM for package management
- VSCode for dev environment
Challenges we ran into
- Getting the Extension to work in development.
- Just getting everything to work
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Learning typescript
- Making a fully functional VSCode extension
What we learned
Typescript, and how to make VSCode extensions.