TrashOut app link
What it does
CleanOut is an app built to help communities clean their neighborhood by letting users report trash by uploading (geotagged) image locations.
How we built it
Using react as front end framework, detectron2 to train the AI model that was dockerized and deployed using Azure app service. Last but not least, we deployed the app using Netlify.
Challenges we ran into
The AI is hardware hungry, it consumes a lot of resources, so we need to optimize it and get funding to pay for its charges.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We built the app!
What we learned
- How to deploy an AI model to production (a real struggle!).
- How to dockerize an app.
- Learning to code using React JS and material UI.
- How to work in a random and diverse team (virtual).
- Working with Codacy and Firebase.
What's next for CleanOut
- Searching for funding.
- Optimize the AI part.
- Collect more data to increase the accuracy of the AI model.
- Increase team size.
- Develop the Events feature.
- Add the open/close features for the reports.