Inspiration

The inspiration came from looking at real world planning problems. While the example that shows on execution is a classroom planning problem, this could be used for any problem in which there are limited resources and multiple requests.

What it does

Given N rooms and M activities which need a room at time T, this program calculates and outputs an optimal assignment of activities and rooms.

How I built it

This program was lovingly crafted with vim and make.

Challenges I ran into

The biggest challenges I ran into came with debugging the s(ASP) code. The lack of a 'trace.' predicate was quite the hurdle.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

Having it work. For the inputs which I have tested so far, it has returned the maximum possible number of activities possible.

What I learned

This really has become a learning experience of ASP itself. Prior to this hackathon, I was unsure of the use cases ASP would be applicable, but this has been an eye-opening experience.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates