We believe that social activism should be easy-to-do and fun to participate in. Our app, City Vote, allows you to:
- Take a picture of something you believe needs fixing, i.e. a broken highway, pipeline, and more. The picture will be accompanied by geotags recording its location.
- The picture will appear to all users in the nearby vicinity. They can upvote your post of the issue if they agree with it.
- After a certain amount of upvotes, we use the SendGrid API to send a petition letter to a city councilperson in the local area regarding the issue. The picture and geolocation coordinates will be included.
Our app is available on iOS, android, as well as a web app to be used through your mobile browser.
- More robust system for sending petitions
- Implement a map UI
- Similar geotags filtered out to prevent duplicate posts.