Inspiration

Currently in a Web Engineer Bootcamp. First Hackathon, and we figured we'd give it a shot!

What it does

Chrome extension that randomly generates lyrics from the webpage that the user is on.

How we built it

All front-end, client-side technologies. We used primarily javascript, with an index.html file for the extension popup, and a manifest.json to create the correct dependancies.

Challenges we ran into

1) Setting up environments among 4 people was more difficult than anticipated. Making sure all of our push/pull requests were in sync was certainly a challenge

2) As our project was an extension, it was not easy to link up Node packages that could run in browser.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

1) We achieved our initial scope, and we able to add some additional functionality/fun!

What we learned

1) teamwork makes the dreamwork!

What's next for chrome-a-long

1) So many things!

+ 3 more
Share this project:
×

Updates