Have you ever had questions or wanted to say something during a lecture but didn't want to raise your hand? Did you fear how people would think of your question/comment?
What it does
Chit Chat is a real time anonymous solution. Users can create tags for anything from classes to events. The tags you and others create will only show up if you're within a 1 mile radius from the point of creation.
Since everyone is anonymous, you can ask the questions you have without fear.
How we built it
- Sockets Client
- Node.js (Express)
- Sockets Server
Challenges we ran into
- First time programming with sockets
- First time doing backend
- First time programmer
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Got a working app that works on all devices
What we learned
- First time hackathon'ing
What's next for ChitChat.tech
- Engagement analytics during the events
- Allowing people to join tags outside of their geofence with an invite code
- Users can message each other directly to exchange personal information
- Create a blacklist of words to filter the messages