This app is inspired by the Prompt feature from Instagram Story. A lot of people participated and share pictures, including videos around one topic but at the end of the day, those stories disappear. We want to be a platform for short-video that people can enjoy interacting and sharing their moments or thoughts around topics and if they think the content will go viral, they can collect the video as an NFT.
What it does
The app randomly selects a prompt (generated by us and the users) then the user will upload a short video that relates to the prompt. In the future, people can search for a keyword or prompt and see all videos relating to it.
How we built it
- The videos are uploaded and stored on the Livepeer network and the web app is built using React.
Challenges we ran into
- We had some difficulty linking firebase with Livepeer and React.
- We faced challenges when we tried to deploy local react code to /public web host
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Distributing work efficiently
What we learned
- decentralized video infrastructure network.
- How to use Livepeer with React applications
- How to use firebase/firestore nosql dataase
What's next for Chit Chat
- Using OpenAI to randomly generate prompts
- Allows users to choose categories and add prompts to the system
- Optimize it for mobile
- add an option to mint video as NFT on the web app