We noticed a recent trend of donations going viral on the internet. So, we decided to provide to give a platform to encourage donations for you and your friends!
What it does
The app allows users to donate to verified charities, organizations and companies within a matter of seconds. Users are given a platform in a social media-oriented framework where users and share and comment on donations.
How I built it
- A lot of research
- Reading documentation
- Hourly stand-ups
- Setting goals
- Using Android Studio and APIs
Challenges I ran into
- Synchronization of local data with the Database
- Piecing different aspect of the projects together
- Not enough sleep
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Build a complete Android application from the ground-up.
- Used industry-standard design and coding methodologies.
- The Google-database backend interface with the Android app
What I learned
- Google cloud
- Working in teams
- Having fun
What's next for Chip-In
- More polishing and testing for the app
- Publish it as an opensource project