Dashboard which shows upcoming appointments
Select which healthcare provider to send data to
Option to Connect with the chosen Healthcare Provider
Login to healthcare system
Confirmation of Records Sent
Beginning Screen for the Diagnostic Test
Question from the Diagnostic Test
Result from the Diagnostic Test
Access to Healthcare
One of our team members had to receive specialty care for a condition that he has. However, the usual health system he goes to did not have an available doctor with the skills needed to create a treatment for him, thus he had to move to a different health system. It was hard to change systems because they didn't have his past history or medical records. As a result, he had to pay more than $3 000 USD out of pocket for testing alone. Not to mention, his treatment got delayed more than 2 months as a result!
In fact, about 1 in 5 individuals had to bring prior test results to an appointment, which can lead to the patients doing more tests. About 1 in 20 individuals who had been to the doctor in 2018 had to redo a test or procedure because their prior data was unavailable. We want a universal system where there are no barriers across different hospitals and health care systems. The data will be used across all systems, regardless of the institute. Our solution, chiatric, is the bridge and allows universal health care platforms across a universal system.
What it does
Chiatric allows people to send medical records to healthcare providers. With the usage of ML, Chiatric utilizes patient records and real-time data analysis to produce a potential diagnosis that can only be shown from data from patient history. Sending the data instantly to the health care service for the user’s choice for potential future treatments. Many hospitals and health care service providers will use chiatric to access the same data from the same patients, without a different data managing system at different hospitals.
- Connect existing health record platforms Using the healthcare provider's API we will be able to get patient data securely as we will be complying with HIPAA safety protocols
- View Health/Test Records View the User-Friendly dashboard to view all health and test results.
- Send Doctor/Health System a Copy of the records (With privacy and customization) Blockchains are secured through a variety of mechanisms that include advanced cryptographic techniques and mathematical models of behavior and decision-making. The use of blockchain for medical records has clear security benefits that could help to reduce healthcare data breaches while making it far easier for health data to be shared between providers and accessed by patients
Doctor/Health System can add directly to the health record or add their system records
Receiving Diagnosis through Machine Learning. Onboard Machine Learning means your information is never uploaded to the cloud and information is never sent without blockchain
How we built it
- Working with Data
- Data cleaning
- Patient application
React web application
- Hospital platform
- Sending data
- Managing authentication
- Storing user data
Tensorflow Machine Learning with Decision Tree Classifier for onboarding diagnostic tool
Google Maps API Find Hospital Services near a user
Apple Health Records API Connect already existing health information from Apple Health
OneRecord API Simplistic Record Organizer with Machine Learning for Health
Challenges we ran into
- Lack of business experience
- Finding feasibility to combine medical records
- Lack of resources provided by the healthcare system
- Limited time to make our application fully function and integrated with a backend.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We are proud we were able to finish a pitch despite not having much experience. Being able to implement a fully functional Flutter application from Adobe XD prototype in limited time
What we learned
We learned how to make a pitch. We learned how to use many Flutter libraries and packages that will assist us in future hackathons. We also learned statistics about the problem we want to solve, and how we can help with the issue.
What's next for chiatric
In the future, we want to partner with large health service providers to achieve our united dream across every We want to continue our research and invite people to test the application and record surveys. In terms of our application, we want to implement a functional backend for both the user end and hospital dashboard.
Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology. 'Gaps in Individuals' Information Exchange,' Health IT Quick-Stat #56. dashboard.healthit.gov/quickstats/pages/consumers-gaps-in-information-exchange.php. June 2019.