Like many high schoolers, I've used messaging services to communicate with friends during quarantine. The service that my friends use the most is Discord. Occasionally we'll type in a specific format modeled off of the 2017 "Spongebob Chicken Meme".
What it does
My project is a Discord bot that is prompted by the "#cww" command and executes an echo of your message reformated in the "Spongbob Chicken Meme" font.
How I built it
I coded the bulk of the program in PyCharm using python and implemented it into a discord plug-in through PyCharm.
Challenges I ran into
- First time using the discord.py plug-in
- Letters would not alternate correctly
- Bot would sleep or become inactive randomly
- Setting special circumstances for "i" and "L"
- Spaces in between words messing up the sequence of indexes
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Making my first Discord bot
- Learning how to use user inputs and outputs
What I learned
- How to use Discord's python plug-in
What's next for Chester Wonk Winkle
- Improving the user experience
- Adding images to the bot's capabilities
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.