When we first saw the Appian World 2020 announcement, we noticed Gary Kasparov name on it. We, being one of a huge fan of his style of game, decided to build chess application on Appian. Appian, with its modern UI features could pretty much do anything and that's when we decided to go with this Idea.
PS: First chess book I read was when I was 7 and it was a collection of Kasparov vs Karpov
What it does
Human vs Human Chess Match, with options to create game, join game, view live game and also save and export the game for chess engine analysis and ability to learn chess through the extensive online collection of video library
How we built it
We have utilized full capability of APPIAN SAIL and its native components and with the combination of powerful expression.
Challenges we ran into
One of the Huge challenge is to build the board UI itself. we decided to showcase how powerful SAIL can be. Hence we have not build any external component. rather we built the chess board with SAIL. Some of the other challenges includes showing possible moves for different pieces, capturing opponent pieces,
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Building the entire visual in SAIL and and end to end Chess Play Feature.
- Implementing all complex logic in chess.
- Built a full learning library using SAIL and YouTube integration components
What we learned
- Effective usage of SAIL components and how powerful they can be.
- Effective usage of expressions and Integration components.
What's next for Chess Master
- Computer vs Human
- Play against different AI engines
- Analyze the game with AI engines
- Chat with human opponents & viewers 3, Import & Export Game Libraries