In the fond memory of #SushantSinghRajput
People often wonder, what led a friend, family member, or celebrity to commit suicide. The recent event in the Bollywood industry, the demise of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, has left everyone in a state of shock. This incident proved that no amount of money, fame or recognition can promise you happiness. According to WHO, "more than 800K people commit suicide every year across the globe" and the ongoing pandemic where the world is in a state of lock down is making the situation worse. We want to target this number, and come up with a solution which shall make an impact in lowering down this statistics.
What it does
Our bot understands the user's emotion, the reason behind, and assigns some daily tasks to cheer up user's mood. We believe these tasks will help users to become happy again and come out of any sadness or depression. It will help users to open up and share their feelings. The tasks will be tracked in our database, and user cannot skip any task in between. After completing the task, user has to submit a proof in the form of an image/video. Meanwhile, user may continue with the next task. We have short listed these tasks very carefully, which will help to cheer up someone's mood.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- One of us didn't had any prior experience in Node.js
- Connecting MongoDB database with Heroku server ## Accomplishments that we're proud of The motivation behind this project was to do something for the society, and we are proud that we were able to build this project with an intent to fight depression and suicidal behavior. If we are able to help at least one person then, that will be our true accomplishment. ## What we learned
- We got familiar with the ins and outs of the messenger bot framework
- Collaborating efficiently, though working remotely
- Mantra - Keep thinking, keep learning ## What's next for Cheer Up We will make the Cheer Up live for public access. We will familiarize ourselves with Facebook marketing strategies so that our bot reaches the right set of people.