Being stuck indoors and wanting to have a game night was the initial inspiration for this project.
What it does
Charades 28 takes two people and gives them 28 seconds to act out clues to try to get the highest score and maybe have a little fun on the way.
How I built it
I build this project with next js, nes.css, twilio video apis and firebase.
Challenges I ran into
Nes.css does not work with node 12.x which meant I had some trouble deploying the application to vercel.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- The application works, two people can enter the same room.
- Time and score is kept in real time thanks to firebase
- Deployed a next js application
What I learned
- This was the first time I had used next js and it was a fun experience, I will definitely be using it for more projects.
- Twilio video getting real time video conferencing working and integrated
What's next for Charades 28
There is a bit of a to do list to get charades 28 to be a finished product:
- [ ] Restrict participants in a room to only two
- [ ] Add an endgame state
- [ ] Have an easier way for users to share a game started
- [ ] Spruce up the UI components
- [ ] Add a help page
Amongst a few other things.