There is a need to ensure protection over physical assets as they operate and are managed in the field
- Non-repudiated records of anomalous activity
- Non-repudiated records of service requests and completion
- Non-repudiated records of configuration and changes
- Tracking and movement of physical assets into and out of the field
What it does
Identifies anomalies within operating physical assets, generates service requests, tracks modifications on those physical assets and tracks assets moving in and out of the field. This information is then captured as part of a blockchain transaction to ensure non-repudiation of these activities.
How we built it
The application primarily is developed using Java and Node.js as well as the following Predix services:
- Dynamic Mapping
- Shift Anomaly Detector
- Analytics Catalog
- Analytics Runtime
- Analytics UI
- Predix Machine
Challenges we ran into
- Limitations of Predix with regard to number of instances in a space
- Dynamic Mapping service had an issue retrieving data (non-UAA related)
- Analytics UI failed after authentication and returned to login screen
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Most of the team didn't even know what Pivotal or Predix was 2 weeks ago.
- In discussing the use case for our project, a number of CSC team members in the company identified additional customers who would be interested in this type of scenario and how it satisfies a real world requirement.
What we learned
How suitable Predix was to rapid development of multiple types of applications related to tracking of assets and real-time data analysis
What's next for Chain Of Custody for Protection of Physical Assets
We're taking the show on the road after GEMM16. We now have many customers interested in seeing the work we have done here.
User Information For Demo
app_user_2 for user and password