Covid-19 has stressed everyone out of their mind. 🧠 With the protest for various social justice issues and remote learning & work our mental health has been thrown out of whack 😰 and out of focus as we pay attention to our physical health. 💪 The Covid-19 Pandemic can potentially affect your physical health, but it has definitely affected everyone’s mental health. We wanted to remind everyone to take care of their mind as much as they do their bodies.
💻 What it does
Connect you with people facing similar mental struggles to help your form support groups. 🤗 Connect you with therapists, psychologists, and clinics that specialize in your mental struggles. 👩⚕️ ️ Features an online community, a discord server, with channels that are updated regularly updated with the respective topics ( Family abuse, Dating Abuse, Suicide Prevention, General Mental Health, etc.). Also has voice channels for support groups to meet or where you can host therapy sessions. 💬 Helping users stay happy, sane, and productive during the pandemic.
🔨 How we built it
- We first brainstormed ideas and made a prototype on Figma.
- We then used replit to bring our prototype alive.
🧠 Challenges we ran into
- Designing a web app on Figma, as it was our first time. 🎨
- Dealing with teammate's time difference. 🕐
🏅 Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Completing a project that can help people find support during these uncertain times.💕
📖 What we learned
- How to design a web app on Figma.
- Using Replit
🚀 What's next for Health Connections
- Making an ios and android app
- Having a journal and mood tracker feature