Typically after the end of the quarter, college students go into a frenzy, posting on their college Facebook pages, some asking for rides, some offering rides.

What it does

It streamlines the process of riders looking for rides back home, and drivers offering extra seats on their car. It matches riders with drivers that are going in the same general direction, and gives drivers the option to choose how much of a detour they are willing to make per rider.

How we built it

Challenges we ran into

We each had a slightly different idea of how the app was going to function. On the back end side, figuring out the right schema was the first challenge. Along the way, we came across a lot of bugs and had to figure out how to implement the map(...) function, call back functions, and asynchronous functions.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We had an idea and were able to bring it far. Our biggest feature, the matching algorithm, was implemented. It was very complex to make but the process was rewarding.

What we learned

We learned how to use the map(...) function, make call back functions, and use asynchronous functions. We also improved our ability to work in a team and collaborate, to patiently listen to each other and consider different perspectives.

What's next for Cera

We definitely want to make it so that after a rider requests a match, the driver is able to be notified. Afterward, we would update the driver's information accordingly. The backend logic for taking into account the driver's destination and the destinations of the riders she's already taking is already implemented.

Share this project: