Inspiration

Have fun!

What it does

Move around the room to catch cubes. Aim of the game: gotta catch 'em all!

How we built it

We used Unity to build the game, and used the Project Tango SDK to integrate input from the hardware (through motion tracking) and the actual code of the game. The scripts in Unity were written in C#.

Challenges we ran into

It was our first time working with Unity, Project Tango, and C#! Setting up the Project Tango SDK cost us a couple of precious hours, mainly because we'd never done anything quite like it before. Even once we'd set it up, it took us a while to be able to navigate Unity efficiently. Integrating input from Project Tango to our game initially proved problematic as well.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

Catching Cubes is our very first game, and that it works with Project Tango is (to us) a pretty awesome accomplishment!

What we learned

Unity, Project Tango, C# basics

What's next for Catching Cubes

A future version of the game will have a higher difficulty level - the floor is lava!

Also, the game could - through 3D mapping - create obstacles in the path of the user. This would create a maze-like environment for the user to navigate.

Share this project:
×

Updates