What it does
Catch Some Feelings scrapes replies to any Tweet and runs them through a sentiment analysis API to summarize emotional response. The data is then displayed in a graph for the user using a Flask webserver application.
How we built it
- Without the Shitty Twitter API
Challenges we ran into
- Shitty Twitter API
- Did I mention Shitty Twitter API
The Twitter API has no native support for fetching the replies to a specific Tweet. We ended up hacking a solution by using Selenium to automatically scroll through a Tweet page to scrape replies.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Getting around the Shitty Twitter API
What we learned
- Never trust the Shitty Twitter API
What's next for Catch Some Feelings
- Pestering Twitter to add replies to the Twitter API