The Casual Car Pool Service brings the benefits of community-based ride sharing to the people. Drivers and pedestrians form short term, ad-hoc car pools to overcome traffic jams and other traffic barriers. We enable
- Driver comfort: No more wait times, use car pool lanes
- Security: Increased rider security though passwords
- Car & Community: Community-based solution to reduce traffic
- Sustainability through: Resource sharing
This is how it works:
- Drivers signals availability by entering a speech command in the vehicle: "Sign on"
- Pedestrians request a ride on their Pebble smart watch / smartphone.
- The Casual Car Pool's match making algorithm forms pairs based on user preferences, availability, and time of arrival and pushes that information to pedestrian and driver.
- Driver and pedestrian meet, the pedestrian boards the car and confirms the ride with "Sign in".
- As meetings with strangers can be weird sometimes, the pedestrian might optionally add a predefined, secret key word like 'moonrise' to secretly communicate his or her feelings. The Casual Car Poll system recognizes these and eventually triggers an alarm via Twilio to a friend or family.
- At the destination is reached the casual car pool is disbanded and the pedestrian signs out with "Sign off".
- Finally, the driver logs off the system by the command "Sign out".