- I wanted to solve something that could not be done without the use of AR.
What it does
- An augmented reality smartphone demo that allows people to try out a phone without going to a store in person
How I built it
- HTML, CSS, and EchoAR.
Challenges I ran into
- Most models I found online weren't correctly sized and needed to be resized and sometimes retextured in Blender.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Learning how to effectively use EchoAR
- Learning how to obtain models online
What I learned
- How to work with EchoAR
What's next for CarriAR
- Include more phones
- Create an account system so multiple people can upload their own models
- Create an app/PWA to make the experience feel more native
- Make the models the site uses higher-quality