- Uber and other transportation-related applications.
- Also the huge amount of carbon emissions & traffic issues.
What it does
- Allows two people to carpool if they share similar commutes. Then partner them up and let one them drive the other person to their similar locations, and they may switch around if wanted to cut down fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emission.
How we built it
- A website/web app for quick access through the internet and a sister unity app for mobile phones to access even quicker.
Challenges we ran into
- Time issue, not enough time for a full-scale app, so we made a demo version instead.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We have successfully finished both the web app and the unity app for mobile phones, and we reached exactly what we wanted.
- Developing a web app (demo) from nothing (raw coded).
What we learned
- Optimization for websites, and the importance of a user-focused experience as well as their comfort in accessing the apps we created.
- Time management for a short work period and stress management.
What's next for CarpoolR
- Complete the project, create the app and the web app. Put them on servers to link to map APIs. If possible we may publish it for actual business use- if even fundings can be sustained.