We were inspired by one of the sample prompts, but we decided to take a slightly different direction with our project.
Dealing with the character encodings of the emojis and getting the browser to render the emojis was challenging.
We managed to get this web app fully functional in Safari.
This early version of Emojify doesn't have many functions, but I could see a later version of this project being integrated into the web browser as an extension or into the operating system of a mobile device. Later versions of this project could also learn users' habits in order to better match emojis to their text messages and emails.