We know there is no Planet B. It is our utmost duty to take care of the environment. Each one is responsible for the emission of greenhouse gases. Our Project is an awareness creator to know our carbon footprint contribution.
What it does
We created a simple website with the following features:
- Carbon emission calculator to know about one’s contribution.
- A blog site to learn about what is a carbon footprint, its disadvantages, and ways to reduce it (with a login facility)
- A chatbot to answer our doubts on carbon footprint.
- Tasks are assigned to individuals that if carried out correctly can reduce the carbon footprint. And a way to analyze how far these tasks can impact the environment.
How we built it
We used React, Html, CSS, Sass, SCSS
Challenges we ran into
- Lack of clarity as to what has to be built. We had multiple ideas to implement but we were unclear as to where to start with.
- Deciding which technology stack to go with to build a better solution
- We had struggles with integrating all the modules created. We could only incorporate a part of it.
- Limited time to plan, develop and test.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We could implement :
- A carbon emission calculator
- A taskbar
- Blog site
- A chatbot
What we learned
We gained insights on :
- Node modules and frameworks like angular-CLI, and JSON server.
- Sass script Soft skills gained: Handle stress Time management Coordinate and cooperate We avoided procrastination for a day and hoped for the future too 😉
What's next for Untitled
- Integrate all the modules that are created.
- Virtual rewards can be awarded to the user who carries out the task so as to motivate the user to continue the activities.
- Data analysis to check the amount of carbon footprint reduced.
- To create a calculator that calculates the carbon footprint from all the activities of the user- not just fuel consumption