Step 1: User Journey. Understanding what the is the problem that we are trying solve.
Step 2: Value Proposition Canvas. Understanding the Value proposition of our solution and validating it against the consumer demands.
Step 3: Validating if our Value Proposition is creating value for all stakeholders.
Step 4: Business Model Canvas. What is our business model? How do we generate revenue? who are our suppliers? What is our channel?
Step 5: Persona of a consumer (Frank 89 years old requiring care). Understanding what does he feel and what are his needs.
Step 6: On-time. Positivity and team work.
Prototype: Landing page
Prototype Client On boarding screen 1: Personal info
Prototype Client On boarding screen 2: Personal Preference
Prototype Client On boarding screen 3: Scheduling
Prototype Client/Family Book a carer: Ability for both client and family to book a carer through the app.
Prototype Client/Family Budget 1: Ability for both teh family and client to look at the budget and plan accordingly.
Prototype Client/Family Budget 2: Ability for both teh family and client to look at the budget and plan accordingly.
Prototype Carer app 1: Ability for the carer to look the tasks to be done and marking them. Family app will be updated to keep them informed
Prototype Carer app 2: Carer can upload pictures for families to see and leave notes.
Prototype: Clinical report for the GP's.
Prototype Notifications: Ability for Carers to click pictures with the client and notify the families on the family app
Prototype Clinician view of the recent activity
Healthy ageing is a challenge we all face. For our loved ones, and eventually ourselves. We are living longer, but is this translating to quality of life?
The team at Careflex bring their professional backgrounds in medicine, home care provision, technology and as personal carers to improving the current unmet needs of older people wanting to live well in their own home.
There are 3.7 million Australians over the age of 65, and over half of these have some form of disability. We are addressing a sector made up of over 700 service providers, delivering both private services and government funding packaging under My Aged Care. Approximately 150,000 Australians receive funded packages, and more than 120,000 Australians are in the queue lasting up to 12 months. Therefore there is significant opportunity for the private providers to alleviate the burden on those waiting.
We provide an efficient and transparent web based system between person-carer dyads, service providers and health professionals. Better systems mean personalised care and less administration, giving more time to care and do what we’re passionate about. Our integrated platform is person centred. It is a service that will be utilised by service providers, to interact with person-carer dyads. It will provide easy access to bookings, service records, invoicing and communication. A stand-out benefit is a personalised record that encompasses not just the physical aspects of health. It includes details on their functional abilities, home environment, preferences and family. Existing systems lack access to these personalised records and care summaries, which would benefit health professionals in making holistic personalised plans.
Careflex is to enrich the lives of older Australians, enabling them to stay at home longer and live to their fullest potential as they adjust to ageing. Careflex is here to care for the carers, decreasing the burden and giving peace of mind. Passionate care providers will have more time to care.
Careflex is made to enrich the lives of older persons at home, and to support the carers around them.
What we've created
- Developed a model and prototype, including a persona journey and industry input
- Workflow for the user and service provider
- Templates for a personal profile, care needs and ADL Daily care log , with email and PDF format availability
- Model for an invoicing system
- Interaction interface
- Business model
- Communication flow chart between support provider, health professionals and the patient-carer dyad
Challenges we encountered
- Articulating the difference between the customer of the product and users of the product
- Non industry users being underwhelmed by the value this adds, due to lack of exposure to the system's limitations
- Preconceived ideas of existing programs and freely available information of all parties
Contact us for more info at CareFlex
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Industry knowledge of the current unmet needs for all stakeholders
- Realistic understanding of acceptance and usage
What we learned
We have learnt from collaborative knowledge and experiences our team members bring.
What's next for Careflex
- Access our Landing page for expressions of interest: Contact us at http://careflex.pagedemo.co/
- Stakeholder identification and engagement
- Interviews with stakeholders to improve concept
- Financial modelling against provider profiles